HISTORICAL DATA ON AUSTRALIAN ELITES
PUBLISHED AT BLACKBURN IN THE STATE OF VICTORIA
What are 'Elites'?
To provide a more concrete idea of the ‘elite groups’ to be included in HDAE, here is a provisional listing of those planned for inclusion:
- Graduates and staff of Australian universities
- Ordained ministers and priests of the principal religious denominations
- Medical practitioners
- Commissioned officers of the imperial and colonial naval and military forces
- Vice-regal officers, members of executive councils and members of colonial legislatures
- Judges, police magistrates, mining wardens, coroners and justices of the peace
- Senior civil servants, statutory officers, government board members, Royal Commissioners and other senior public officials
- Consular officers resident in Australia
- Important businessmen, including directors and principal officers of banks, insurance companies and listed companies; stockbrokers; major pastoralists; and publishers and editors of newspapers.
Copyright © RICHARD JOHN HARRISON 2015